What is EMOTIV’s Refund Policy?
This Warranty and Return Policy (Refund policy) contains the complete terms and conditions between EMOTIV (“We” or “EMOTIV”) and you regarding your purchase of an EMOTIV neuroheadset and software.
Please note that EMOTIV does not permit the return of or offer refunds for applications, which are sold as digital downloads.
Your subscription will automatically renew, as stated in your order summary. Your next bill date is written directly in your subscription settings to avoid any surprises. You can cancel your future recurring subscription billings at any time before your next bill date (we do not offer refunds if you have already been billed*).
*Monthly Subscribers: You must confirm your cancellation prior to your next billing date if you don’t want the upcoming use. If you confirm your cancellation after you’ve already been billed, your subscription will not end until the following month.
We DO NOT offer refunds on subscriptions at this time.
*Annual Subscribers: If you decide to cancel in the middle of your subscription period, you will continue to receive the rest of your prepaid subscription until it runs out and it will not renew again.
We DO NOT offer refunds on subscriptions for the rest of the cycle at this time.
All hardware and accessories (except for EPOC Flex Gel Sensors and Caps) may be returned within 60 days from the date of receipt for a refund less shipping and handling, and any applicable restocking fee (as described below).
Restocking Fees: Unless the product is defective or Dead on Arrival (DOA), EMOTIV will charge a restocking fee of up to 25% of the purchase price paid, plus any applicable sales tax. Shipping fees of the headset is at the expense and responsibility of the purchaser and will not be refunded.
Please note that EPOC Flex Caps and Gel Sensors are non-refundable.
The EPOC+ and Insight neuroheadsets and EPOC Flex Control Box may be returned for a full refund or exchange, within 15 days from date of receipt, if the product is received Dead on Arrival (DOA). An EMOTIV product is considered DOA if it shows symptoms of a hardware failure, preventing basic operations when you first use it after opening the box. If you believe that your product is DOA, please contact us via support ticket. EMOTIV Technical Support will determine whether the product is DOA and offer you the following options:
1. Replacement: EMOTIV, at its expense, will ship another of the same neuroheadset model. EMOTIV will arrange for a replacement and the DOA product’s return.
2. Refund: We will issue a full refund.
How to return a product
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased from EMOTIV:
- We only accept returns sent to us within 60 days after the order has been delivered to you, or within 15 days for Dead On Arrival product.
- The goods are your responsibility until they reach our RMA Department, so make sure it’s packed up properly and can’t get damaged on the way.
- Products must be returned in their original condition and packaging with all included parts. You are responsible for the cost of the return shipment.
If you believe your product to be defective during the warranty period, you must contact Contact Customer Support for warranty return authorization and obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number before the end of the applicable return period. EMOTIV will not accept returns without a RMA number. You must first include the following in your Support Ticket:
- The Order Number and Serial Number of your headset
- Your a clear photo or video of the damaged or defective product and the shipping packaging before we can consider issuing RMA authorization. Please use good lighting, and a close to medium distance, so we can identify and verify the issue(s).
Please note that Shipping and handling is non-refundable on product returns under the 60 Day Return Policy, unless the product you received is in a defective or damaged condition or when a different product than what you ordered was incorrectly sent to you.