I am getting “Connecting to Service” issue with the software, what should I do?
If you have updated the software to the latest version and experienced the “connecting to service” issue, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot. We highly recommend you to uninstall/disable all anti-virus software to ensure a proper installation and then perform the following steps:
1. Uninstall/disable all anti-virus software and turn off proxy
2. Uninstall the current EMOTIV software on your Computer
3. Restart your computer
4. Download EMOTIV and reinstall it again
As an alternative, you can restart Cortex service by following the below steps:
- Open “Task Manager”
- Switch to tab “Services”
- Right click on “EmotivCortexServiceV2”
- Select “Restart”
- Open “Terminal” application
- Run this command: “sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.emotiv.cortexv2.plist”
- Run command: “sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.emotiv.cortexv2.plist”
In case the problem still persists after you complete the above steps, please Contact Support to connect with our QA team for a TeamViewer troubleshooting session. You should have TeamViewer installed on your Computer.