Cart

java, netbeans, edk.dll not found

Home Forums Developer Forum java, netbeans, edk.dll not found

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  christophe LANDRET 5 months ago.

• Author

christophe LANDRET
    Participant

Hi,

I am using java with Netbeans on a 64bit PC.
    For 64bit application, I use a 64bit JRE with edk.dll(64bit) and jna.jar.
    For 32bit application, I use a 32bit JRE with edk.dll(32bit) and the same jna.jar.

1st question: For 64bit application, when I run the program, Netbeans can find the edk.dll(64bit) only if it is put in System32 folder.
    When I put the dll in the root of my Netbeans project folder or in the jdk..\jre\lib\ext\ folder, Netbeans can’t find the dll while it should find it.
    Why?

2nd question: For 32bit application, Netbeans cannot find the edk.dll(32bit) even if is put in System32. Why?

Thanks for your help
    Christophe

Hoang Pham
    Participant

Hi Christophe LANDRET

I am using Eclipse. but i think they are same on reference to Edk lib. Normaly, we can config in IDE, so make sure you did this right way. ^^!
    Try to install “Redistributable Packages” follow 32b or 64b edk.dll that you want to use.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
    or the easiest way, you find and push msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll is same folder with EDk lib and configuration your IDE refer to those lib.

Thanks. ^^!

christophe LANDRET
    Participant

Hi Hoang Pham,

I know that Eclipse project can be configured to specify path to .dll and .jar files
    However Netbeans project can only be configured to specify path to .jar files, ennoying…

With Netbeans, we have to place the .dll in System32 or at the root of the project folder.
    This method works with every .dll file I am using in my projects except edk.dll(32bit)

For 64bit app, when I put edk.dll(64bit) in System32, Netbeans find the file
    For 32bit app, when I put edk.dll(32bit) in System32, Netbeans does not find the file. This is my main problem…

Hoang Pham
    Keymaster

Hi Christophe.

Did you try to install Redistributable Packages? any lucky?

christophe LANDRET
    Participant

Hi Pham,
    I tried different things for the 32bit edk.dll:

* I put the msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll in the IDE edk lib -> no result
    * I downloaded the Redistributable packages and installed it -> no result
    * I moved my project to Eclipse and I configured the project lib and dll path -> no result

The dll is still not found by any method (“java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library ‘edk’: Native library (win32-x86/edk.dll)”).

Is there a different jna.jar for 32bit and for 64bit, or is it the same file?

christophe LANDRET
    Participant

Hi Pham,
    could you please give me a feedback?

Thanks
    Christophe

Hoang Pham
    Keymaster

Hi Christophe.
    jna.jar we are using same file in 32b and 64b.
    if you got wrong in Eclipse, maybe it just from configuration.

Did you follow this page https://github.com/Emotiv/community-sdk/blob/master/doc/How%20to%20run%20Java%20examples.pdf ?

christophe LANDRET
    Participant

Hi Hoang Pham,
    it was indeed a problem of configuration and now I could make it work on both Eclipse and Netbeans:
    * in Eclipse, I had to set the PATH environment variable (as indicated in your pdf) to indicate in which folder the .dll is
    * in Netbeans, I had to go in Project properties\libraries\compile and click on “add JAR/folder” to indicate in which folder the .dll is
    Thank you very much for your help,
    Christophe

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.