Cart
  • No products in the cart.
CART Total:$0.00

Game Development

Homepage Forums Emotiv Main Forum Applications & Games Game Development

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gmac 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Nerea Leg

Including EPOC in videogames

Nerea Leg

Hey, I’ve recently adquire an EPOC and I’m keen on developing a simple game that can include the headset. I was wondering if any of you out there has done anything similar or if is about to do it so we can help each other. Im a newbie and I would apreciate any help that any of you can give to develope this project. BTW I was thinking about doing it in Python, what do you guys think?

Every answer is welcomed ^^ THANKS

gmac
    Keymaster

Lots of games already developed for EPOC – check out the web store and you can email the developers in many cases. Python works fine – we also have a Unity 4 plug-in (Unity 5 support not released just yet, but close). Have you seen the Community SDK on github? https://github.com/Emotiv

Nerea Leg

I cant find the developers in most of the cases and I cannot really find either an example i can check of a game’s code using the epoc. Do you where can I find those?

gmac
    Keymaster

All of our in-house games are coded in Unity. There are examples in the Unity pack integrated into the usual Unity demo games. Our SDK example code shows you how to interface with the headset and use all of the features, in a variety of languages including Python. Not specifically game-oriented but the general use cases are pretty well covered. Maybe you can start with a specific game you like in Python and figure out how to integrate mental commands etc into the game using th example code. By all means ask questions here, we will help (most likely so will the community!)

The forum ‘Applications & Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.