Cart
  • No products in the cart.
CART Total:$0.00

Epoc Simulink EEG Importer

Homepage Forums Emotiv Main Forum Applications & Games Epoc Simulink EEG Importer

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  gmac 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Markus Proell
    Participant

real-time EEG Emotiv Epoc Matlab Simulink

Markus Proell
    Participant

Hi,

we released an app in the emotiv store for importing real-time EEG from the epoc into Simulink (by MathWorks, Inc.).

The current importer version has workspace and model-files for the Matlab versions:

– R2011a
    – R2011b
    – R2012a

The importer also works with the versions:
    – R2010a
    – R2010b
    – R2009b
    – R2007b

The additional workspace and model-files can be downloaded at: http://xcessity.at/downloads/EpocSimulinkImporter_update1.zip

We will post an update once we can get our hands on some additional Matlab versions.

A youtube istallation tutorial will follow. We’ll keep you updated …

Best,
    Markus

Xcessity Software Solutions
    http://xcessity.at

Markus Proell
    Participant

Tutorial and demo video online.

http://youtu.be/zr4ag-RsKM8

Best,
    Markus

gmac
    Keymaster

Nice one Markus!

Markus Proell
    Participant

Hi,

we just tested the Epoc Simulink EEG Importer on Windows XP (x86, SP3) and it runs totally fine.

Best,
    Markus

Xcessity Software Solutions
    http://xcessity.at

Sue Becker

Hi,

I would like to know if this can be used to do real-time processing on the EEG signal? For example, can I do signal processing on the signal while it is being received into matlab?

So far I can get the scope block to save the signal into the workspace, but I cannot get it to display in the plot window and I have not seen anything about how to process in real-time.

Thanks very much,
    BeckerLab

Markus Proell
    Participant

Hi,

of course you can process the signal in real-time, but you have to do this in simulink. Simulink is a different environment than matlab. You can use the built in processing blocks or write your own functions.

Hope this helps,
    best,

Markus

Hi …
    and a million thanks for your work, 🙂

but I like to know if it works with matlab R2008a 7.6.0

Markus Proell
    Participant

Hi,

yes you should be good to go. I tested the importer with this Matlab version and also a Simulink model file for this version is included. Follow the instructions carefully in the included ReadMe.pdf.

Here again the requirements for the importer:
    1) Microsoft Windows 7 (x86/x64) or Microsoft Windows XP (x86/x64 Service Pack 3)
    2) Matlab R2012b (x86/x64), R2012a (x86/x64), R2011b (x86/x64), R2011a (x86/x64), R2010b (x86/x64), R2010a (x86/x64), R2009b (x86/x64), 2008a (x86/x64) or R2007b (x86/x64)
    3) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.x
    4) Emotiv Researcher Edition, Education Edition or Enterprise Plus Edition for raw EEG data access

Hi,

I’m a new user of Simulink SignalServer and I have a problem. When I turn on my headset, the signal appears GOOD on Epoc Control Panel, but, in the same time, my Signal Status on Simulink SignalServer is null. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Markus Proell
    Participant

Dear Rafael,

for a more detailed analysis of the problem you need to provide more information.

Which emotiv software version are you using? Research SDK or Enterprise Edition and version number?

Did you copy the dll files to the folder as described in the ReadMe?

Do the other two icons turn green (Server Status and User Status) when you start the server?

You can try to close any other software using the emotiv headset (Control Panel) and then try to start the Epoc-Simulink SignalServer.

Hi,

I’m using he Research SDK version. I copied the .dll files to the folder and the other two icons turn green. So, I don’t know what to do about this.

Best,
    Rafael

gmac
    Keymaster

Which version of Research SDK are you using? Also please indicate the version of Matlab and your OS – 32 or 64 bit for all of those items…

Saumya Vij

Hi!

I just wanted to know if the simulink importer can also work in MATLAB2012b 32 bit version?

Also, is their any other alternate solution to importing the Emotiv EEG data into simulink?

Thanks

Saumya Vij

Hi!

I am trying to do some real time processing on EEG signals in simulink. For that, I used the importer. The problem is that in my processing, I am using a smaller sampling rate than 1/128. So, when I set the the simulation sample rate to 1/128 for the EEG importer(as said in the readme pdf), I get an error saying that the sampling rate has to be an integer multiple of 1/128(which is obvious).

I want to know if there is any solution to this problem that is I can get EEG signals in simulink at 1/128 but my other processing goes on with a different rate which is not an integer multiple of 1/128.

Thank you

Markus Proell
    Participant

Hi,

i am afraid there is no real solution to this problem due to the nature of the importer. Actually the sampling time or rate you enter in the Simulink model is just some kind of unit. It does not affect the actual sampling rate so you can get as high as you want.

What really drives the sampling frequency of the model is the EpocEEG block. Whenever it is called it will wait for the next data package from the Signalserver. So the actual sampling rate is given by the Signalserver and can be adjusted with the ‘samples per network package’ setting. If you go down to 1 you receive packages at 128 samples per second.

Best,
    Markus

one question this emotiv eeg headset toolbox only operates with the ‘ Emotiv EEG neuroheadset’ or it can works to ‘ Emotiv EPOC ‘ ?

gmac
    Keymaster

Only the EEG model headset. EeG data is not available from the consumer model

Vicente Alipaspas
    Participant

Hello! I was able to gather the raw EEG data. I was wondering, where can I find the data or the variable (1000×22)? Thank you so much! 🙂

gmac
    Keymaster

Did you try whos ? Matlab is very good about showing what variables are in memory and how big they are. Apologies, I’m not very familiar with Simulink

Great one, Markus.
    I recently this software and I was able to gather the raw EEG data. I was wondering, where can I find the data or the variable (1000×22)? Thank you so much! :)

Just if you are wondering the data is not actual EEG. I did not wear the headset and just shook it while in my hand. The two (red, green) lines in the middle show the gyro and gyro data.

gmac
    Keymaster

Just if you are wondering, there is both real EEG data and gyro/motion sensor data. Of course the gyro channels will respond if you move the headset around.
    If you are not wearing the headset, the EEG reference sensors and noise cancellation circuit cannot do their thing. You will see a lot of offset noise from moving the headset around in the electric fields in the room. If you wear the headset properly and make sure it has good contact quality, you will see EEG signals. What were you expecting to see if it’s not on your head?

The forum ‘Applications & Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.