EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
We are looking for an experienced UI / Web designer to conceptualize product features, translate them into wireframes and prototypes and create final art assets and layouts as required by the software product roadmap. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded designer able to support the design requirements of the product development team at various stages of product development, create on-brand visual assets for marketing as needed, and have the confidence and skills to take design ownership of 1-2 projects at a time.
- Translate concepts and user stories into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences, working closely with the VP of Product & fellow design team members and developers
- Facilitate company’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user interfaces for digital products
- Translate wireframes and user journey stories into user-friendly layouts and visual designs, applying design theory to create compelling and defensible work
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-interface decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and third party developers and clients
- Design for a web, mobile & desktop applications as well as websites
- Design a range of visual display solutions which may include digital banners, print & packaging, etc
- This is NOT a development/coding based role – this role is focused on visual design ONLY
- 3-4 years of UI/Web design experience with a strong portfolio. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments
- Experience in designing mobile, desktop and web applications with good knowledge of technical restrictions and abilities of each platform
- Strong English communication skills are a must
- Expertise in design software such as Sketch (primary), Illustrator & Photoshop (secondary)
- Expertise in using prototyping tools like Marvel App, InVision, Zeplin.io
- A solid grasp and appreciation of user-centered design, prototyping and testing methodologies
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Ability and experience working in multiple product lanes
- Willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
Why You’ll Love Working Here
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org