EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
EMOTIV is seeking a full time QA/Tester with a strong background in testing and development to write automation scripts and engage in process improvement. As a QA/Tester, you will work closely with our development teams to assure the quality of the software, products & services across desktop, web & mobile platforms.
- You will be responsible for ensuring quality of the software application through multi-browser, multi-device testing
- Work closely with the team of QA Engineers, Product Management, and Development to test new features as they’re being developed
- Reproduce bugs and other issues and uncover problems and/or defects before releases. Proactively write tests to cover problems found after release
- Write test documentation: test plans, test cases
- Test user interactions and usability of the application to identify bugs and usability issues
- Cross-browser and cross-device testing including mobile devices
- Written communication of software defects in a clear and concise manner and verify issues are resolved
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver a high quality products & services
- Work with developers and product managers to help clarify requirements and identify functional and UX problems
Your Skills and Experience
From 1 year of:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience writing clear and concise bug reports, test plans, test cases
- Intermediate verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with Jira/Confluence ticket management system
- Experience with both Windows and Mac
Good to know:
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Comfortable with short release cycles
- Experience with Jenkins build system
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- 13th Month Salary
- Flexible working time
- Health Insurance
- Company activities (team building, company trip on working days)
- Passionate colleagues
- Attractive Salary
- Creative & young working space
- 2 leaving days for training
- Energetic, open and transparent working environment
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org