EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
The Technical writer based in Hanoi, Vietnam, will be responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining a robust Information Architecture platform. This includes creating and maintaining technical specification documents, technical architectural documents, maintaining EMOTIV’s knowledge base and user manuals. The candidate must have proven prior experience in a technical writing role and excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. A person with strong attention to detail, scientific mindset and ability to write for multiple audiences will thrive in this role.
- Plan and develop a robust internal Information Architecture platform – the platform will be the central repository for all of EMOTIV’s technical knowledge groups
- Collaborate extensively with the Engineering teams to document and maintain system specifications and programming methodologies across all products
- Produce and maintain technical architecture documents
- Collaborate with the Research team to create and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Collaborate with Customer Support teams to develop and maintain EMOTIV’s knowledge base, FAQs and user manuals
- Analyze both internal and external documentation to maintain continuity of style and content
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Technology or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years Proven prior experience as a Technical writer or experience in developing online user’s guides and context-sensitive help
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to write both scientific and technical material to cater to different audiences
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail and ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
Why You’ll Love Working Here
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to email@example.com