What We Need
EMOTIV is seeking a full-time Senior Web Developer to help build responsive single-page apps, hybrid cross-platform mobile apps, and data visualization dashboards for use with Emotiv EEG headsets. The selected candidate must be an effective team player, promote a collaborative team culture, and have a passion for building high-quality web applications that exceed in usability and performance and are easy to maintain.
What You’ll Do
- Building and supporting one or more of EMOTIV’s web applications
- Building and maintaining a library of ReactJS components that can be reused by multiple apps
- Triaging and debugging of application related issues
- Following in-house software development guidelines including coding and test conventions
- Working within agile product teams to provide timely feedback on progress and blockers.
- Working with SDLC tools such as JIRA, Git, and Jenkins following agreed conventions
- Writing unit tests as necessary and working closely with the QA team to maximise coverage
- Performing code reviews and mentorship for other team members
Education and Experience You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.