SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – Hanoi, Vietnam
EMOTIV is seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead and manage its development teams in Vietnam. This role will require significant experience in building out and leading a team that will develop EMOTIV’s core technology and product offering. This includes providing leadership, coaching and mentoring of the team as well as day to day agile project management. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for establishing EMOTIV’s approach to the full life cycle of the projects it undertakes – from project planning, initiation, resourcing, execution, monitoring, control and completion.
The Senior Project Manager will define project resources, performance reviews and post implementation evaluations. He or she will plan sprints for core technology and product teams and take ownership of the successful implementation of these projects. Monitors progress and performance against the project plan; identifies and resolves operational problems and minimizes delays. Evaluates and authorizes changes that significantly impact the scope, budget, or timeline of a project.
The Senior Project Manager ensures that the each team meets performance targets that are aligned with the company’s strategic objectives; and that projects adhere to best practices. The Senior Project Manager will be accountable for managing the team as well as working with VP Software, VP Products, VP Corporate Development & CTO/VP Research to ensure that they have appropriate resources, remain on track and on budget.
The successful candidate will be based or willing to relocate to Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Communicate and lead projects that span design, engineering and QA teams.
- Run weekly or bi-weekly agile sprints for core technology and product teams including triaging issues, scoping tasks, allocating resources, identifying and resolving blockages, and leading daily standups and sprint retrospectives.
- Determine and drive the right tailored planning, status, and metric tracking systems with project teams, internal and external partners, and teams input to ensure program on-time delivery and success.
- Evaluate data and metrics to propose new strategies to improve project delivery and develop reports that portray and give external stakeholders visibility into the project landscape.
- Prepare and execute realistic cross-team project schedules including milestones and deliverables. Manage schedule and task tracking system and ensure it accurately reflects ongoing work. Proactively identify and mitigate risks associated with meeting feature and release milestones.
- Work at multiple organizational levels and work in cross functional areas, understanding the needs and requirements across the organization.
- Provide leadership on project management processes, methodology, and tools that span multiple business units. Identify and leverage personal and team project management best practices to help successfully scale the Project Management team along with the growing company. Works with project management to integrate process improvement and development methodologies into current planning and management processes.
- Ensures projects are aligned to company priorities and associated business outcomes and are completed on time, in scope, and within budget.
- Ensure necessary and approp riate steps are taken to resolve difficulties which may impede progress or compromise achievement scheduled milestones.
- Works closely with assigned teams on process improvement and proactively engages with stakeholder to identify and monitor progress and issue resolution.
- Establish and maintain a framework for issue resolution and risk mitigation, as well as the centralized visibility to help planning and scheduling teams to identify the most suitable approach to deliver projects and programs.
- Works with project management to integrate process improvement and development methodologies into current planning and management processes.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and retain best talent.
- Drives efficiencies and consistency amongst team members and cross functional Teams.
- Provide leadership to the team and act as first point of escalation.
- Explore and implement a variety of best practices and standardized processes to ensure operational efficiency and scalability.
- Proactively monitors resource needs based on company & product roadmap.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in software development project management and of personal and team accountability and ownership.
- The ideal candidate should have familiarity with different types of projects, processes, and deliverables and the ability to be the conductor of the project/team and be a proactive, solution-oriented, and a strategic leader (not reactive).
- Strong experience in internal and external stakeholder engagement and communications, both written and verbal.
- Proven business process management skills including planning, organizational, budgeting, and time management skills.
- Experience growing a company to operate at scale and effectively work in ambiguity with proven results in a high growth environment.
- Experience running teams using JIRA, Confluence, and other similar tools that provide agile tracking mechanisms.
- Experience withGit, Jenkins, AWS, Software QA.
- Experience implementing and working with agile methodologies.
- Experience in Human Resource and Finance management.
- Excellent English skills.
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to [email protected]