EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
EMOTIV is seeking a full time Front End Web Developer to help build responsive single page apps and hybrid cross-platform mobile apps and data visualization dashboards for use with Emotiv EEG headsets.
The successful candidate will be based in or willing to relocate to Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Building and supporting one or more of Emotiv applications
- Building and maintaining a library of web components that can be reused by multiple apps
- Triaging and debugging of application related issues
- Following in-house software development guidelines including coding and test conventions
- Working within agile product teams to provide timely feedback on progress and blockers
- Working with SDLC tools such as Jira, Git, Jenkins following agreed conventions
- Writing unit tests as necessary and working closely with the QA team to maximize coverage
- Performing code reviews and mentor-ship for other team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 1+ years’ experience working with front end web frameworks such as Angular2, React or Vue
- Experience translating design docs to html and CSS
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building dashboards and charts for historical and real-time data visualization
- Experience using Oauth and related technologies to consume Restful web services
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SAAS
- Experience building responsive mobile first web apps to accommodate multiple form factors
- Experience with Agile processes for Continuous Integration, Testing and Deployment
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
Become Emotiv’s member, you will:
- Work, learn, share and have fun with talented colleagues and experts in US, Australia, Hong Kong and VN
- Have training opportunities in the US and Australia
- Be provided the newest technology products
- Enjoy an energetic, open and transparent working environment
- Competitive salary that matches with your talents and contributions
To apply this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org