Senior Data Architect (Sydney)
You will be a key member of the Emotiv software engineering team with a focus on maintaining and extending our EEG Data Analytics Pipelines, Tools and Cloud Services. You will play an important role supporting our research team and a new generation of applications using brain computer interfaces. The selected candidate must be an effective team player, promoting a collaborative team culture with a passion for building world-class platforms and products.
- Work closely with product and research teams and company leaders to ensure the Data Analytics platform is evolving to meet company and customer needs, and to provide timely and accurate estates for delivery and feedback on on progress
- Maintain and support platform tools including ETL tools
- Define, implement and monitor Data Privacy and Security policies for all cloud services
- Perform regular design and code reviews, and when needed, participate in debugging and coding sessions to resolve issues
- Mentor and develop skills of junior software engineers in the team
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the development and executive teams
- Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance product development processes to improve team velocity, product quality, reliability, performance, and security
- 5 years of experience with Python and SQL
- Familiarity with principles of AWS ‘Well Architected’ design, including the appropriate use of AWS services such as Lambda, Cognito, Athena, SQS, S3 and Cloud watch
- Advanced Postgresql administration, query optimisation, optimisation and data warehouse schema design
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development best practices, including Test driven development, continuous integration, monitoring and deployment
- Experience designing highly scalable data processing pipelines including distributed databases and queues and on demand
- Working knowledge of GIT source control software
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and continuous integration pipelines
- BSc or better foundation in computer science
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and real world systems deployment experience
- Experience with advanced numerical processing and machine learning algorithms in Python
- Experience building stream based map reduce processing pipelines using Apache spark or Flink
- Familiarity with Flow based programming tools such as Node-red or Apache NiFi
- Familiarity with Deep Learning tools such as Tensor Flow, Caffe or XGBoost or DeepLearning4J
- Experience building microservices and ETL tools using node.js
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org