EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
You will be a key member of the Emotiv software engineering team with a focus on maintaining and extending our Emotiv SDK. You will be applying advanced signal processing and machine learning techniques for real-time emotional state detection and associated API’s to enable a new generation of applications using brain computer interfaces. The selected candidate must be an effective team player, promoting a collaborative team culture with a passion for building world-class platforms and products.
- Work closely with product and operations teams and company leaders to ensure the technology platform is evolving to meet company needs, and to provide timely and accurate estimates for delivery and feedback on on progress
- Perform regular design and code reviews and when needed, participate in debugging and coding to resolve issues
- Mentor and develop skills of junior software engineers in the team
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the development and executive teams
- Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance product development processes to improve team velocity, product quality, reliability, performance, and security
- 5 years of extensive experience in software architecture, and object oriented design
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development best practices
- Working knowledge of GIT source control software
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and continuous integration pipelines
- Expert knowledge of C++ to build X-Platform libraries for real-time signal processing
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and real world systems deployment experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English & Vietnamese
- Experience in with advanced numerical processing and machine learning algorithms
- Experience porting Matlab or Python scripts into real-time C++ code
- Familiarity with Functional Reactive Programming techniques
- BSc or better foundation in computer science
- Experience building native libraries for iOS and Android
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
Become Emotiv’s member, you will:
- Work, learn, share and have fun with talented colleagues and experts in US, Australia, Hong Kong and VN
- Have training opportunities in the US and Australia
- Be provided the newest technology products
- Enjoy an energetic, open and transparent working environment
- Competitive salary that matches with your talents and contributions
To apply this position, please send an email to email@example.com