QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER – Hanoi, Vietnam
EMOTIV is seeking a full time QA Automation Engineer with a strong background in testing and development to write automation scripts and engage in process improvement. As the QA Automation Engineer, you will work closely with our development teams to assure the quality of the software, products & services across desktop, web & mobile platforms. This position requires strong technical and analytical skills to understand the data model/s and automate, interpret, and build an automation framework for consistent and repeatable testing. The ideal candidate is a creative and analytical QA professional and highly adaptable to meet the evolving needs of the Product and Software Engineering teams.
Proven automation skills are a must!
The successful candidate will be based or willing to relocate to Hanoi, Vietnam.
- You will be responsible for ensuring quality of the software application through multi-browser, multi-device testing. You’ll also work directly with our QA team to build and enhance our test automation framework and will work directly with the engineering team to keep giving our customers a great product experience.
- Work closely with the team of QA Engineers, Product Management, and Development to test new features as they’re being developed.
- Reproduce bugs and other issues and uncover problems and/or defects before releases. Proactively write tests to cover problems found after release.
- Write test documentation: test plans, test cases.
- Test user interactions and usability of the application to identify bugs and usability issues.
- Cross-browser and cross-device testing including mobile devices.
- Written communication of software defects in a clear and concise manner and verify issues are resolved.
- Advocate for testability during the design process, allowing for better automation.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver a high quality products & services.
- Work with your peers’ to train and facilitate the review of new/upcoming releases.
- Work with developers and product managers to help clarify requirements and identify functional and UX problems.
- Identify and create detailed test cases for manual and automated execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of automation testing with a focus on backend testing and data experience a must.
- Advanced skills in scripting/object oriented languages for automation (C++, python, java).
- Experience with big data technologies.
- Experience testing REST APIs.
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Comfortable with short release cycles.
- Experience writing clear and concise bug reports, test plans, test cases, and e-mails.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience automating UI tests for mobile or desktop apps using Appium, Squish or similar.
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to [email protected]