EMOTIV is looking for an experienced cross-platform application developer with deep knowledge of web, mobile and hybrid app development to play a key role on our Product team building user-facing products for desktop, web and mobile that interface with our EEG brain-sensing technology. The selected candidate must be an effective team player and mentor, have a drive to find and apply the best technologies to solve any problem, and have a passion for building world-class platforms and products.
- Build and support EMOTIV’s cross-platform applications as required by the company’s product roadmap, working across web, mobile and desktop platforms
- Play a leadership role on the technical design of our applications including technology choice, application architecture and development strategy
- Work closely with the SDK, Cloud, Design and Executive teams to ensure that product development aligns with technical and business requirements
- Write unit tests as necessary and work closely with the QA team to ensure complete test coverage of new features
- Build and maintain a library of well documented reusable app components to accelerate future app development and maintain UX consistency
- Perform regular design and code reviews and participate in debugging and coding sessions to resolve issues
- Mentor and develop skills of junior software engineers in the team
- Support and refine agile best practices within the team including effective use of SDLC tools such as Jira, Git, and Jenkins
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the company
- Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance product development processes to improve team velocity, product quality, reliability and performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4 years of extensive experience in software architecture and object oriented design
- 2+ year experience building responsive mobile or hybrid apps
- 1+ years experience working with front-end web frameworks such as Angular2, React or Vue
- 1+ years experience working with cross-platform tools like Cordova, PhoneGap or QT
- Proven track record of building high quality, customer-facing products using a range of technologies
- Good understanding of agile software development best practices including continuous integration, testing and deployment using JIRA, Git, and Jenkins
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and real world user-facing product development experience
- Experience in cross-platform application development using QT/QML
- Experience building native applications for iOS and Android
- Experience in using Jenkins and automated testing
- Understanding of RESTFUL webservice API and JsonRPC
- Experience building real-time data visualization dashboards
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense, and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org