EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
EMOTIV is looking for an experienced WordPress developer with deep knowledge of building scalable and high performing WordPress sites to play a key role in developing and maintaining our primary interface with existing and potential customers. The selected candidate must be an effective team player, promote a collaborative team culture, and have a passion for building high quality websites that exceed in usability and performance and are easy to maintain.
- Develop new user-facing features as required by business goals that are effective across desktop and mobile platforms
- Optimize website for maximum speed, scalability, and security
- Use and manage plugins effectively, and provide recommendations as needed
- Oversee release management including staging and production sites
- Build and maintain an automated test suite
- Use WordPress capabilities to the fullest to maximize team efficiency and consistency of UX/UI
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders in design, QA, marketing, and product to reach business goals in a timely manner
- Expert knowledge of WordPress, including database queries, Advanced Custom Fields, plugins, etc.
- Expert knowledge of WooCommerce
- Strong background in programming and markup languages (PHP, XHTML, CSS, and JS)
- Experience with front-end automated testing frameworks such as Selenium or CasperJS
- Proficient understanding of client-side scripting and JS frameworks, especially jQuery
- Experience with SDLC in WordPress; dev, staging, and live site management
- Experience with mobile and responsive web design
- Proficiency with git
- Experience working on production sites with regular traffic
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English & Vietnames
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or Digital Ocean
- SEO knowledge
- Google Analytics experience
- Braintree experience
- MySQL experience
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
Become Emotiv’s member, you will:
- Work, learn, share and have fun with talented colleagues and experts in US, Australia, Hong Kong and VN
- Have training opportunities in the US and Australia
- Be provided the newest technology products
- Enjoy an energetic, open and transparent working environment
- Competitive salary that matches with your talents and contributions
To apply this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org