EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
- Approximately 60% front-end, 40% back-end
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Use WordPress capabilities to the fullest to maximize team efficiency and consistency of UX/UI
- Optimize website for maximum speed, scalability, and security
- Use and manage plugins effectively, and provide recommendations as needed
- Oversee release management including staging and production sites
- Build and maintain an automated test suite
- Build reusable code, libraries, and plugins for future use
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders in design, QA, marketing, and product to reach business goals in a timely manner
- Strong background in PHP, HTML, CSS, JS
- Extensive experience with testing frameworks (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat)
- In-depth practical experience with Laravel or Symphony, Yii
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with GIT
- Adding third party integrations to our system (Woocommerce, Braintree, WordPress…)
- Deeply familiar with REST APIs and HTTP specifications
- Experience with CSS framework (Tailwind CSS,…)
- Basic Linux skills
- Expert proficiency in WordPress, including database queries, Advanced Custom Fields, plugins, etc
- Strong knowledge and experience building and maintaining e-commerce sites
- Fluency with front-end automated testing frameworks such as Selenium or CasperJS
- Experience with SDLC in WordPress; dev, staging, and live site management
- Experience with mobile and responsive web design
- Proficiency with git
- Experience working on production sites with regular traffic
- Must have good communication skills in English – both written and verbal
- Expertise with any of: Google Analytics, WooCommerce, Salesforce, BrainTree
- Skills with AWS, especially Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, ECR, and CodeBuild
- DevOps aptitude, especially containers (Docker) and CI/CD (CodeBuild)
- SEO knowledge
Why You’ll Love Working HereEMOTIV is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Join EMOTIV and receive:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health insurance
- Flexible schedule
- 2 days’ paid time towards upskilling
- Energetic, open and transparent working environment
- Chance to learn about and work on the latest neurotechnology
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org