EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
EMOTIV is seeking a full time Firmware Engineer. EMOTIV is seeking a motivated engineer that is interested in developing cutting edge products that support our BCI activities.
The EMOTIV firmware team in Hanoi will collaborate with the EMOTIV team in Sydney to develop our new products and maintain our existing product range. The new member of the team needs to be able to understand datasheets and schematics and use this information in their software design.
In this position, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and debugging firmware in current and future EMOTIV hardware. This requires a good understanding of C / C++ and programming techniques as well as bluetooth low energy transmission protocols. You will engage in team collaborations and have the ability to work in a demanding team-oriented environment to meet your goals. You may also participate in the development of intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in electronics engineering or computer science or related field
- 3+ years of industrial experience in firmware development in C, C++
- Keen to be involved in development from concept to production
- Knowledge of microcontroller-based firmware design and development
- Experience with USB, BLE for data transmission
- Experience using Inertial Motion Units
- Experience in working with device driver and associated hardware such as timers, DMA, A/D converter, comparator, UART, I2C, SPI, or LCD
- Ability to read circuit design/schematics
- Ability to operate an oscilloscope
- Experience programming processors with low level code (ie directly addressing hardware without support from OS, low level communications such as I2C and SPI bus, interrupt-driven control systems…)
- Enthusiasm for getting your hands dirty with hardware
The following will be looked upon favourably
- Experience with EEG or bio-impedance data gathering systems
- Experienced debugger and comfortable reading datasheets and schematics
- Signal processing programming with MATLAB
- Experience with Python
- Experience with dsPIC and nRF microcontrollers
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
Why You’ll Love Working Here
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org