EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
EMOTIV is seeking a full-time Firmware Engineer. EMOTIV is seeking a motivated engineer that is interested in developing cutting-edge products that support our BCI activities.
The EMOTIV firmware team in Hanoi will collaborate with the EMOTIV team in Sydney to develop our new products and maintain our existing product range. The new member of the team needs to be able to understand datasheets and schematics and use this information in their software design.
In this position, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and debugging firmware in current and future EMOTIV hardware. This requires a good understanding of C / C++ and programming techniques as well as Bluetooth low energy transmission protocols. You will engage in team collaborations and have the ability to work in a demanding team-oriented environment to meet your goals. You may also participate in the development of the intellectual property.
- 80% Developing firmware for our next generation of products.
- 20% Maintaining of existing firmware database.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in electronics engineering or computer science or related field
- 1+ years of industrial experience in firmware development in C, C++.
- Keen to be involved in development from concept to production.
- Knowledge of microcontroller-based firmware design and development
- Working with USB, BLE for data transmission.
- Working with the device driver and associated hardware such as timers, DMA, A/D converter, comparator, UART, I2C, SPI, or LCD
- Ability to read circuit design/schematics
- Ability to operate an oscilloscope
- Enthusiasm for getting your hands dirty with hardware
- Experience with EEG or bio-impedance data gathering systems.
- Experienced debugger and comfortable reading datasheets and schematics.
- Signal processing programming with MATLAB
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with dsPIC and nRF microcontrollers.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
Flexible working time
Company activities (team building, company trip on working days)
Creative & young working space
2 leaving days for training
Energetic, open and transparent working environment
Snacks, tea and coffee all the time
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards, and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to email@example.com