EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
What We Need
EMOTIV is seeking a full time Firmware Engineer that is interested in developing cutting edge products that support our BCI activities. The EMOTIV firmware team in Hanoi will collaborate with the EMOTIV team in Sydney to develop our new products and maintain our existing product range. The new member of the team needs to be able to understand datasheets and schematics and use this information in their software design. The role also requires a good understanding of C / C++ and programming techniques as well as bluetooth low energy transmission protocols.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, and debug firmware in current and future EMOTIV hardware
- Engage in team collaborations and have the ability to work in a demanding team-oriented environment to meet your goals
- Participate in the development of intellectual property
- 80% Developing firmware for our next generation of products
- 20% Maintaining of existing firmware database
Education and Experience You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in electronics engineering or computer science or related field
- 1+ years of industrial experience in firmware development in C, C++.
- Keen to be involved in development from concept to production
- Knowledge of microcontroller-based firmware design and development
- Ability to read circuit design/schematics
- Enthusiasm for getting your hands dirty with hardware
- Experienced debugger and comfortable reading datasheets and schematics
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Working with USB, BLE for data transmission
- Working with the device peripherals and associated hardware such as timers, DMA, A/D converter, comparator, UART, I2C, SPI, or LCD
- Ability to operate an oscilloscope
- Experience with EEG or bio-impedance data gathering systems
- Signal processing programming with MATLAB
- Experience with Python
- Experience with dsPIC and nRF microcontrollers
What We Offer
- Attractive Compensation and Time Off
- Healthcare Insurance
- Company activities (team building, company trip on working days)
- Passionate colleagues
- Flexible working time
- Development Opportunities
- Energetic, open, creative and transparent working environment
- Chance to learn about and work on the latest neurotechnology
EMOTIV is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.
CV sent to Ms Huyen: email@example.com