As a cost accountant for the EMOTIV group of companies (EMOTIV, Emotiv Research, Emotiv Technology Vietnam and Emotiv Vietnam), your primary responsibility is to record and analyze financial information for the consolidated entity.
The information you prepare and analyze is intended for internal use. Your responsibility is to help the company manage our budgets, evaluate and approve payments & disbursements and help track our overall financial performance with a view to improving cost efficiencies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collecting & reviewing data to determine and manage our COGS: which include inventory, manufacturing & production costs, shipping & logistics costs
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in production, manufacturing, shipping & logistics services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Preparing periodic reports to provide cost analysis for management
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Initiating and exploring options for managing and improving cost efficiencies
- Weekly reconciliation of sales orders against shipped orders.
- Reconciling sales & revenue metrics from Woocommerce/BrainTree against bank deposits
- Work with external accounting firms & assist in the preparation of financial reports
- And such other tasks that may be allocated & assigned to you as the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- Excellent English and work directly with foreigners
- Minimum 3 years experience in Finance
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint…)
- Effective team player.
- Strong analytical ability and good in data/figures
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Why You’ll Love Working Here
EMOTIV is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Join EMOTIV and receive:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health insurance
- Flexible schedule
- 2 days’ paid time towards upskilling
- Energetic, open and transparent working environment
- Chance to learn about and work on the latest neurotechnology
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org