Cross Platform App Developer – Hanoi, Vietnam
EMOTIV is seeking a full time Mobile App Developer with a strong background building x-platform mobile and desktop apps for use with Emotiv EEG headsets.
The successful candidate will be based or willing to relocate to Hanoi, Vietnam.
You will be responsible for
- Building and supporting one or more of Emotiv mobile and desktop application.
- Building and maintaining and library of well documented reusable app components and to accelerate future app development and maintain UX consistency.
- Triage and debug of application related issues using relevant profile and debugging tools.
- Following in-house code and style conventions including documentation of app behavior as required.
- Working within agile product teams to provide timely feedback on progress and problems and feature proposals.
- Writing unit tests as necessary and working closely with the QA team to ensure complete test coverage of new features.
- Working with SDLC tools such as Jira, Git, Jenkins following agreed conventions.
- Performing Code Reviews and mentorship for other team members.
- Writing scripts to automate the build, test and deployment processes for apps
- Implementing analytics and customer feedback , crash reporting and profile tools within mobile apps.
- Triage, Investigate and Address app related support issues as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 2+ yrs Experience with either ObjectiveC, Swift or Android Java to build native mobile applications.
- 2+ yrs Experience with C++ to build x-platform libraries, or desktop apps using QT.
- 2+ yrs Experience with X-Platform Mobile Development tools such as Titanium, Xamarin, QT, Unity, NativeScript or Corona.
- 2+ yrs Experience working with Agile teams and processes for Continuous Integration, Testing and Deployment using Jira, Git, and Jenkins.
- 2+ yrs Experience building mobile and desktop apps with some if not all of the following characteristics.
- Responsive designs to accommodate multiple phone, tablet and desktop form factors.
- OpenGL based 3D programming.
- Opportunistic cloud synchronization techniques using secure local data stores such as Couchbase Lite.
- Complex historical and real-time Data Visualization.
- OAuth and related HTTP technologies for the consumption with cloud based web services.
- Real time data collection from external BT devices and/or services.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to [email protected]