Cloud Software Engineer – Hanoi, Vietnam
EMOTIV is seeking a full time Cloud Software Engineer with a strong background building out secure, scalable distributed API services and big data analytics pipelines on AWS. The successful candidate will be responsible for building out EMOTIV Cloud Services for EEG related API’s, security, analytics and data management.
- Design and implement data models and rest APIs to collect and share EEG application data
- Support the maintenance, configuration and extension of key open source components including Django, PostgreSQL, and cache services with scalability, redundancy and data backup in mind
- Work closely with the QA, Product and Ops teams throughout the development lifecycle
- Implement security solutions for authentication and authorization to govern data privacy, access control and sharing
- Write and maintain relevant design and support documentation for cloud services
- Work within an agile team and ensuring JIRA, Confluence, Git, Jenkins/Buildbot and other SDLC tools are used effectively following agreed conventions
- Scaling and distribution of cloud services as required
- Perform code reviews and mentorship for other team members
- Write scripts to automate the build, test and deployment processes
- Write test automation code to cover legacy and new service features as they are developed
- Investigate and address cloud related support issues as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Knowledge and experience in server setup/configuration (Linux/Ubuntu)
- Experience in working with SQL, NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc
- Experience in working with agile teams and processes for Continuous Integration, Testing and Deployment using JIRA, Confluence, Git, Buildbot/Jenkins
- Experience in writing clear and concise technical API and design documentation
- Familiar with Django web framework (version 1.8+)
- Experience developing and deploying cloud services on AWS, with components such as EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudWatch, VPC, Lambda, etc
- Experience working with cloud based security best practice including OpenID Connect, OAuth2, JWT and similar technologies
- Experience designing and test automation of RESTful APIs
- Experience working with data analysis in Python with Numpy / SciPy or other scripting packages
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org