Cloud Services Engineer – Hanoi, Vietnam
EMOTIV is seeking a full time Cloud Services Engineer with a strong background building out secure , scalable distributed API services and big data analytics pipelines on AWS.
The successful candidate will be based or willing to relocate to Hanoi, Vietnam.
You will be responsible for building out Emotiv’s Cloud Services for EEG related API’s, security, analytics and data managment.
- Custom code development as required in Python, Scala or Nodejs.
- Design and implementation of data models and rest api to collect and share EEG application data.
- Support the development of analytics and machine learning pipelines for EEG research using Apache Spark, Apache MADlib, and other deep learning tools.
- Maintenance, configuration and extension of key open source components including node-red, Apache zeppelin, Postgresql, and Couchbase.
- Working closely with the QA, Product and Ops teams throughout the development lifecycle.
- Implementing security solutions for authentication and authorization to govern data privacy, access control and sharing.
- Writing and maintaining relevant design and support documentation for cloud services.
- Working within an agile team and ensuring Jira, Git, Jenkins and other SDLC tools are used effectively following agreed conventions.
- Scaling and distribution of cloud services as required.
- Performing Code Reviews and mentorship for other team members.
- Writing scripts to automate the build, test and deployment processes on AWS.
- Writing test automation code to cover legacy and new service features as they are developed.
- Investigate and Address cloud related support issues as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 4+ yrs Experience building cloud services using strongly typed languages such as C++, Scala, Java or Go.
- 2+ yrs Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and Couchbase.
- 2+ yrs Experience working with NodeJs to build cloud applications and micro services.
- 2+ yrs Experience working with Agile teams and processes for Continuous Integration, Testing and Deployment using Jira, Git, and Jenkins.
- 2+ yrs Experience writing clear and concise technical API and design documentation.
- 1+ yrs Experience working with cloud based security best practice including OAuth, JWT and similar technologies.
- 1+ yrs Experience developing and deploying cloud services on AWS.
- 1+ yrs Experience using python or similar scripting languages for analytics.
- 1+ yrs Experience building streaming event processing pipelines with Spark, Flink or similar tools in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- 1+ yrs Experience designing and test automation of REST APIs.
- 1+ yrs Experience working Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- 1+ yrs Experience working Experience with map-reduce and related big data technologies such as HDFS.
- 1+ yrs Experience working with machine learning algorithms.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Why join us?
EMOTIV is a bioinformatics company advancing understanding of the human brain using electroencephalography (EEG). Our mission is to empower individuals to understand their own brain and accelerate brain research globally.
Founded in 2011 by tech entrepreneurs Tan Le (CEO) and Dr. Geoff Mackellar (CTO) the company is headquartered in San Francisco, U.S.A. with facilities in Sydney, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
The technology falls under the umbrella of BCIs (Brain Computer Interface) also referred to as MMI (Mind Machine Interface), DNI (Direct Neural Interface), BMI (Brain Machine Interface) and aims to track cognitive performance, monitor emotions, and control both virtual and physical objects via machine learning of trained mental commands.
Applications for the EMOTIV technology and interface span an amazing variety of potential industries and applications – from gaming to interactive television, everyday computer interactions, hands-free control system, smart adaptive environments, art, accessibility design, market research, psychology, learning, medicine, robotics, automotive, transport safety, defense and security.
EMOTIV is a recognized pioneer and market leader in this field. Our products have won numerous international awards including the Red Dot Award, AutoVision Innovations Award, Australian International Design Awards, Australian Engineering Excellence Awards and Edison Awards. Our community of developers and researchers span over 100 countries.
To apply this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org