- Headsets & Accessories
- Software Development Kits
- App Store
- Shipping Info
- Warranty & Refund
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Reseller
Effective 1 September, 2010
The Information We Collect and How We Use It.
In general, you can use our Service without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where you must provide us with certain personal information in order to receive full access to the Service or to assist us in delivering a superior level of customer service. In such instances, we may collect the following types of information:
- Log Information – When you access the Service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website and our analytics platform may capture additional information about use of our Site. This information may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Service, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
- Cookies – We store certain information from your browser using “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. User Communications – When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Service.
By using the Service, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.Children Under Age 13.Emotiv does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Service. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Sharing Your Information with Third Parties.
Emotiv does not sell, trade or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or service partners for the purpose of processing your personal information on our behalf
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Emotiv, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets.